Questions: 3VZ-E valve cover gasket

I need to replace the passenger side valve cover gasket on my '93 V-6

4Runner. I was able to replace the drivers side, easily, but the passenger side has the upper plenum (intake manifold) hanging over. I've got the gasket and the PCV valve. Do I need any other gaskets since I'll probably have to remove the plenum to get to it? Does the upper and lower plenum have a gasket?

Any tips and tricks would greatly be appreciated.

TIA

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

A few months ago I replaced both heads on my '94. If I remember correctly, all you'll need in addition to the valve cover gasket is an upper intake plenum gasket.

If you have specific questions let me know and I'll see if I can remember.

Ted

Reply to
Ted

Thanks, Ted. I just want to be prepared before I take on the task.

What about the vacuum valve on the side of the intake plenum? Also does the upper and lower gasket need a sealer?

Thanks again,

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

JW, Are you referring to the EGR valve? I suppose that you could replace those gaskets too since you will need to detach at least the lower part where it attaches to the manifold.

You should only need an upper gasket for the intake plenum. The intake manifold itself should not have to come off. No sealer is necessary.

Be sure to mark WELL all the vacuum lines and wires if you are planning on disconnecting them from the plenum.

Ted

Reply to
Ted