Questions about newer V6 for MDT / recomended suspension lift for FJ

v6 engine rating versus recommended fuel.

I found a specification on the 2005 4.0 v6. and I was surprised.

The 2005 has a higher Horsepower rating.

Question Do all the 4.0 V6 require 91 octane and if not why does the FJ have the high octane requirement while the HP rating is lower than the 2005 Tacoma ?

FJ

4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve SFI VVT-i V6 239 hp @ 5200 rpm; 278 lb.-ft. @ 3700 rpm

2007 Tacoma

4.0-liter DOHC EFI V6 with VVT-i 236 hp @ 5200 rpm 266 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm

2005 Tacoma V6

245HP 4.0L V6 DOHC 24V Engine w/VVT-i

- - - - Also: FJ suspension Lift kit recommendations...

I am considering getting some lift kit for improved clearance. I know I don't want any raise that doesn't also increase spring travel, (no blocks for the springs). I also don't want anything too radical on the drivetrain angles. Considering 2 to 4 inch.

I have thought heavily about Old Man Emu but they don't have the same adjustability as Downey lift kits.

Any suggestions out there about the trade-offs on different suspension / Lift kits.

Reply to
owl