raising my 4runner

I am seriously interested in raising my '98 4runner. i can probably find a lift kit online somewhere, but should i extend my wheelbase 1st? i have SUV paranoia, as i used to sit "on the ground" in my last two cars. most recently a '95 eclipse, before that was a '91 CRX. once i raise it - i will add mudders, same size as stock tires if necessary, but i would prefer bigger. advice??? vendors????

Reply to
gOdDeSs151

Why do you wan to lift it? If its for offroading okay, on road, you will ruin your trucks handling well and truely if ya lift it more than 1 1/2 inchs. Becomes to top heavy for general use Id say.

Stick in a 1 11/2 inch lift kit (suspention lift first) then add your muddies, I prefer Cooper STT's, and then drive it for a while before you add a body lift.

Reply to
Scotty

Geez, I wish I could lower my truck. A lower center of gravity makes it more stable, plus much easier to load/unload.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
gOdDeSs151

for every 3 inch lift you should extend axle width (not wheelbase) by 1 inch per side to maintain the same COG.

lifting later generation runners becomes more and more difficult to do right.

For street driving a lift does nothing and for looks a bodylift may be a cheap alternative

Matt

EACH Lift?!?!?!? How high is your truck?

Reply to
Scotty