Re: 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4 EFI - Any replacement parts over the years?

No timing belt its a timing chain -- they last 150k miles or more if oil changed frequently and the plastic guides don't break. Not a cheap job to have done --- $750! No way to really determine condition unless you hear slapping noise or its far too late and the chain has eaten thru the aluminium timing chain cover and now you have coolant in the oil. I'd have them change the trans and differntial fluids (with synthetic) and the antifreeze.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The 88 v6 has a belt and if I remember right should be changed about 100,000 km just take the bolts off the plastic cover and pry it back a little so you can see the belt and see if its all cracked up

Reply to
John

It's the 4 cyl. 22-RE engine

Reply to
Shinnokxz

It's a timing chain then. No specific interval to change it. Add can of Chevron Techron tp gas to clean fuel injectors.

Reply to
Wolfgang