Re: '86 1-ton question

> Hello - > > I am looking at a 1986 1-ton. > Other then the typical rusting seams (pretty bad, with gaping holes) > along the rear fender, it is in excellent condition. > The bed, with the Toyota liner, is intact. > > Since I want it for general household hauling, the rust itself doesn't > bother me too much. > However, I am wondering what the consequences are down the road if > immediate attention is not given to the rusted seams with gaping holes. > If later on I want to turn it into a flat bed or replace the fenders, > will this be a major project ? > I have seen the occasional 1-ton with the flatbed/stake side > configuration, which would work well for me. > > Thanks for any insight you can offer. > > Alan >
Reply to
John

John -

Sorry, but I don't own any of the modern digital conveniences. Sure would be handy for occasions such as this. It's a shame about the rusting/perforating seams, which I have seen too many examples of in 1980s era Toyota trucks. This one has only 133,000 miles and the bed itself was in excellent condition as well as the rest of the body. New tires, brakes, etc and he was willing to take best offer for his asking price of $900. Even had a Toyota tow hitch. He inherited it from his father and had just bought a monster of a Chevy truck. I think by now the truck must be sold....

John wrote:

Snip

Reply to
Alan Kim