Re: 86 Toyota 4 Runner developed a miss when warm

Dont know if this will help but i had a similar problem with mine. Started first go, ran fine while it was cold then once it warmed up it would missfire. I have the 4y non-injected model engine in mine. i went through most things as well and my prob turned out to be the wrong plugs were installed. In spare parts catalogues my engine is listed to have ngk bpr5es or equivalent plugs with a 1.1mm plug gap. Yet the correct plugs are meant to be bp5ey or equivalent with a 0.8mm plug gap. even setting the incorrect plugs to the 0.8mm gap didnt solve the problem. I got the right plugs and hey presto. havent had a miss since. Hope this may help rgds, Kevin

ckbell13 wrote:

I don't know if it could be related or not, but I only have the highest speed

on my blower motor for the heat and AC . I have checked the switch, motor and relay , still don't have a clue on the miss .

Reply to
commcare

I have the EXACT problem. After rebuilding my motor last October '03. The miss tends to go away a bit if you retard the ignition a bit. Mine still has a small miss. I go for smog next month...hopefully I'll pass. Geez, I even got new Toyota fuel injector and still the miss wa there. Can someone help? Mine is a 1988 22RE.

Reply to
GRX

Check Distributor for cracks.

Reply to