Re: 91 4runner brake warning light

Hey!

> My daughters 91 4runner has developed a problem with the brake warning > light. Stays on constantly. I've checked parking brake switch and > brake fluid levil switch. Anybody know anything else in the circuit i > should check? (not the rear anti-lock warning light) Funny, the toyota > service manual does not show the brake fluid levil switch in the > circuit. Its a v6 4x4 automatic trans with all those electronic > controls. > Thanks ZaXXoN

Make sure that the charge light is working corrrectly. The light must be on with the key in the ON position and the engine not running. If the charge light is not on, then the alternator has failed. Upon replacing the alternator, the charge light will start working again and the brake light will go off. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al