Re: Can anyone tell the difference between rotors and pads (truthfully)?

> This is nonsense. Excessive braking can result in warped rotors, but

> > braking on turns has nothing to do with it. > > According to this article (probably the best on the Internet) >
> "Many technicians are under the impression that a "warped" rotor is one > that has too much runout. They also attribute this "warping" to why the > brake pedal pulsates. This is not true. Runout will NOT cause pedal > pulsation in most cases."

Runout WILL cause pulsation. Even though the caliper is free to move, it has mass, and to move it takes energy. The quicker it has to move, the more pronounced is the effect. Force is still equal to mass time acceleration.

And you WILL feel it in the pedal. And by truing the rotor, it will go away.

And when you get some idiot with a torque stick/torque wrench installing a wheel, WILL likely return.

Reply to
<HLS

The article says runout will not cause pedal pulsation if there's no fluid movement. Read the article in full.

I've noticed the article does not mention *steering wheel* vibration. I'm guessing steering wheel vibration could occur for exactly the reasons you list above, and even if no pulsation is evident at the pedal. I had just this happen with my Integra last year.

Truing the rotor will make pedal pulsation go away, but *how* you go about truing it is the whole point of the Babcox article.

As the article says towards the very end...

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

At last, a voice of sanity in a silly discussion!

Reply to
Steve