Re: Highlander tires

[posted and mailed]

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Scott Herzog) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I am replacing the original Goodyear tires and am looking for > recommendations. Having had two Camrys before this, I was very > disappointed in handling during even light to moderate snow. Our > driveway is a bit steep and with just a half-inch of snow, the > Highlander's tires spin and fishtale. I had one tire dealer try to > convince me I needed "true" truck tires (at $ 150/tire) but others > have said truck tires are not needed. I have always used Bridgestones > and like them. Any recommendations from Highlander drivers ?

Hi Scott,

Saw your 2003 posting. I'm in the same boat with my 2002 Highlander. Not sure if I should replace with the same OEM Goodyear Integrity tire. What did you end up getting and are you satisfied?

--PK

Reply to
PK

Yeah, I need to replace my Goodyear Integrity tires on my 2002 Highlander soon. Not sure what to replace with. I did get 50,000 miles out of the Integrity tire and they seem to be OK on wet roads here in Louisiana.

Nick

PK wrote:

Reply to
Nick

On 23 Nov 2005, you wrote in alt.autos.toyota.trucks:

I thought the Integrities handled pretty well on wet and snow. I'm in SW PA. I have close to 40k. The tread seems pretty weak looking and want to replace before winter hits. Don't know the actual tread that is left. I might just get the same tire. The price seems right.

--PK

Reply to
PK

The new Goodyear Fortera TripleTred tires are much, much better than the OEM tires. Also check tirerack.com

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Swapped out the original Goodyear tires for a set of Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires on my Highlander after 10K.

No comparison except maybe for the ride. Excellent rain and snow traction which you don't get with the originals. Cost a little more but you only have one life.

The Duke

Reply to
The Duke