Re: locking gas cap

A syringe full of super glue works wonders in the key hole of a locking gas >cap :-)

I always wondered why people wanted locking gas caps these days.

Aside from some specialized truck tanks, modern vehicles are very difficult to impossible to siphon. Trust me, I've tried to get mower or snow blower gas from my own cars. So a locking cap isn't necessary to prevent fuel theft. I've had fuel stolen from airplanes, but they have drains at the bottom of the tank.

Do these people piss off so many people, or live in such a bad neighborhood, that they worry about foreign substances being put in? If my neighborhood was that bad, I'd skip the new car, drive a beater, and move to a nicer place! Heck, even in the Bronx, people aren't randomly souring fuel tanks! They might strip or steal the car, but the cap wouldn't help that! 8^)

To the OP, any auto parts store can sell you a locking gas cap. You might have to ask for it. Bring the old cap with you.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

God, that's funny. I just bought a new Tacoma on Wednesday, and I noticed was that there was no lock on the fuel door or the gas cap. I was wondering about that, and thought it might be a bad thing, because every vehicle I've owned before this had either or both.

You effortlessly put things in perpective for me. I'm not worried about it anymore. Thanks.

Reply to
Dr. Personality

To which this all sidesteps the original question. No good answer seems to justify spurious responses.

: > >A syringe full of super glue works wonders in the key hole of a locking gas : > >cap :-) : >

: > I always wondered why people wanted locking gas caps these days. : >

: > Aside from some specialized truck tanks, modern vehicles are very : > difficult to impossible to siphon. Trust me, I've tried to get mower : > or snow blower gas from my own cars. So a locking cap isn't necessary : > to prevent fuel theft. I've had fuel stolen from airplanes, but : > they have drains at the bottom of the tank. : >

: > Do these people piss off so many people, or live in such a bad : > neighborhood, that they worry about foreign substances being put in? : > If my neighborhood was that bad, I'd skip the new car, drive a beater, : > and move to a nicer place! Heck, even in the Bronx, people aren't : > randomly souring fuel tanks! They might strip or steal the car, but : > the cap wouldn't help that! 8^) : : God, that's funny. I just bought a new Tacoma on Wednesday, and I : noticed was that there was no lock on the fuel door or the gas cap. I : was wondering about that, and thought it might be a bad thing, because : every vehicle I've owned before this had either or both. : : You effortlessly put things in perpective for me. I'm not worried : about it anymore. Thanks. : : > To the OP, any auto parts store can sell you a locking gas cap. You : > might have to ask for it. Bring the old cap with you.

Reply to
Fuller Rath

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:48:44 -0700, "Fuller Rath" found these unused words floating about:

justify spurious responses.

Like yours, eh? Perhaps you missed:

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

justify spurious responses.

Bring the original to the auto parts store isn't a good answer?

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:14:55 GMT, "Bonehenge (B A R R Y)" found these unused words floating about:

justify spurious responses.

Look at the Nym and add "Troll"

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Mine is not spurious you cretin. Go look in a dictionary. I find trolls like you the reason why newsgroups have the same popularity as "limp" dick cheney.

[...]

:
Reply to
Fuller Rath

You are the personification of a troll and a troglodyte.

: >>To which this all sidesteps the original question. No good answer seems to justify spurious responses. : >

: >Bring the original to the auto parts store isn't a good answer? : : Look at the Nym and add "Troll" :

Reply to
Fuller Rath

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:36:29 -0700, "Fuller Rath" found these unused words floating about:

you the reason why newsgroups have the same

justify spurious responses.

Po' baby ... your Nym says it all ...

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Not possible, I don't have a brother, so your personal family traits don't apply!

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:37:09 -0700, "Fuller Rath" found these unused words floating about: