Re: Low tire Pressure light??

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:07:08 +0000, ricky tossed this out for all to see:

Hello Everyone, > Just bought a 2004 Toyota 4runner Limited. 4 Brand new tires. Looking at > the tires, they all look fully inflated. I noticed the "low tire pressure > light" on in the dashboard. Any suggestions on getting rid of this light? > Anyway to reset?? Thanks in advance. >

check the spare too.

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

That's true. I inflated my spare to the recommendation pressure and now the tire light does not come on.

Reply to
Phisherman

Do I fill the spare according to the spare's inflation limits?

Or do I need to fill the spare with the same amount of pressure as the working 4 tires?? Hope that makes sense

Reply to
ricky

Yes, this can be confusing. I use the recommended "cold tire inflation pressures and wheel size" chart listed in the Toyota Owner's Manual. The tire pressure varies with tire size, type, off-road package, cab size, etc.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:36:52 +0000, Phisherman tossed this out for all to see:

it's my understanding the sensors would be looking for pressures approximate to the recommended chart, either in the maual, or the door pillar.

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

No, the pressure is set when you perform the "reset procedure", and the warning triggers when the pressure varies from that by a pre-determined amount.

Reply to
Dan G

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:44:28 -0600, Dan G tossed this out for all to see:

ok, cool.

ps- I taped over my idiot light on my instrument panel when I swapped wheels and tires. ;-)

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr