Re: need to replace power antenna

You need to remove any broken off parts from the old antenna. Look at the new one and compare the lenth to see if it is longer; if so there is a broken part. Then put it back togeather and feed the new antenna in from the top with the radio on. Once it is in all the way turn the radio off while applying pressure to the antenna. You may need to turn the radio on and off several time to get it to seat all the way.

My power antenna on my 93 4Runner broke. Motor groans & nothing >happens. I searched the newsgroups and found that it has been covered. >So I went into the wheel well & took my unit apart but couldn't figure >out what to do. >So I reread & I went out and ordered a new mast. I asked the Parts >person for any help in installing. He told me to go talk to the >competion, Service. I hung for a few minutes but they were busy and I >wasn't comfortable. >So now I have to install. I can see that there is a nylon strip that >goes in the inside of the mast and moves inside of ther motor. I think >the motor unit looks like a clamshell. >Do I need to lube the nylon strip? >Do i take the clamshell apart (see no other option)? >Do I reinstall the clamshell with the antenna retracted or protracted? >Can anyone send me a schematic - please! >Any other tips? >thanks in advance >
Reply to
MBOSCHERT

Thanks for the good words. Didn't help because it broke without a tail. So I had to undo the spooler, remove the "shit bit" then figure out how to insert the new strip. It was easy to do, but it was "suck it and see". So if any of you need any help let me know.

thanks

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (MBOSCHERT) wrote:

Reply to
neon