Rear Sliding Window Broken

I broke one side of the sliding rear window (just the part that slides) out of my '95 Tacoma and have been told you can only purchase the whole back window for $181+ Is that true? Does anyone know where I could find just the replacement slider and how much that may cost. I've read previous posts that say is really a pain to change; if I can find one does anyone have any pointers? snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
angel7153

If it's like my 83 chevy rear slider; you're better off replacing the entire thing. It may cost a little more, but it's worth it; the entire slider on mine is welded at the seams. you could probably rig it to work, but i tried on mine to no avail. I eventually had to buckle and pay, but mine was only

125 at a local auto glass place.

Good luck TB

out of my '95 Tacoma and have been told you can only purchase the whole back window for $181+ Is that true? Does anyone know where I could find just the replacement slider and how much that may cost. I've read previous posts that say is really a pain to change; if I can find one does anyone have any pointers? snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
Trailblazer

I did some checking and the whole window is $181 plus!!! I can get the broken side of the slider for $86 but I am concerned about replacing it. I read an earlier post in which someone did change one side; they said it was a major pain but was able to do it. My husband said he'd rather go through the pain than spend the extra money. I can't see how it would be worth it since there's risk of rebreaking it, etc. I'll talk to him again. If anyone has any other ideas I'd appreciate hearing them! Thanks for the reply Trailblazer!!!

Reply to
angel7153