Rear Windows in 4Runner

I have a 1990 4Runner with V6 and Automatic. Yesterday I noticed that my rear wiper arm was not going back into its rest position. I was on the HWY so I thought I would take a look at it when I got home. But before I got home, I tried to lower the rear window as it was very hot. But no luck. It just would not move. After I moved the rear wiper arm back to its home position, I could move the window up and down from both the key and inside the truck.

My question is, is there a safety switch that stops the rear window from openning if the wiper is not in the correct position.

Thanks, Chris.

Reply to
Silentsam

Yes, see: