Recall question

When I had my Tundra worked on last week they told me there was a recall on the Lower ball Joint assembly on my 2002 truck. They took care if it and all but I just wonder if I hadn't taken it in would they had sent me a notice. This is the 2nd time they do a recall ONLY when I have it taken in. Do I have to do my homework online to learn of thes things or is it supposed to be Toyota's duty to sent out notices to consumers?

Reply to
Robert

I was sent a notice on mine. Is your name and address correct in Toyota's computers for that truck?

Reply to
Tom in Macon

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:54:02 -0500, "Tom in Macon" found these unused words floating about:

Who knows? - they -=always=- send me ads and urgings to buy a new vehicle from different dealers around the area - but -=never=- send a recall notice!

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

You should get a letter for safety related recalls but not for Special Service Bulletins (stuff they fix free but not safety relate -- there was one on 90-93 AC evaporator corrosion). That said I haven't got the safety related steering rod one for a '09 4Rnr I bought locally and still have.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have an '02 Tacoma, and I got a notice of this recall.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Registered owner's receive notification of Campaigns (recalls) by mail. No notification is given when a TSB is issued. If you are not receiving them contact Toyota Motor Sales to insure they have you listed as the owner for the model year and model.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault