recall work

I just got a message back from Toyota Canada saying there are three outstanding recalls on my 91 V6 4x4 pickup. The daytime running lights, the head gasket and the steering rod relay. I have just a couple questions for the group; Does anyone know if there's a particular dearlersahip in the Vancouver area that is better for service? Also, what other work should I look into getting them to do since they'll be doing these other things? I need a new fan clutch so I might get them to do that but it also looks like a dirt simple job so if they want to charge me I'll just do it myself.

Are there specific jobs they will be doing as well out of neccessity because of the recall work?

Thanks,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

Timing Chain is one of them

IAn

Reply to
EasyE

Why should they NOT charge you for the fan clutch???

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Actually a timing belt on that model. Might want to go for a new water pump along with coolant fush and coolant replacemet --- and a new termostat. Also new drive belts and radiator hoses with radiator cap too. I actually thought the head gasket recall had died (no longer honored -- been 15 years after all).

Reply to
Wolfgang

I meant charge me for the labour. I would hope a decent mechanic would just throw it on out of kindness since it would take like 5 minutes. Thanks for assuming I'm a complete idiot Doug I'll be sure and return the favour.

-Dru

Reply to
DruG

I sort of thought the head gasket was a dead horse to but a recent thread made me email Toyota and, well, they're still doing them, at least here in Canada they are. The thread that reminded me said January 2006 so if anyone else out there is unsure about their truck it only take 2 minutes to email Toyota with your VIN and they got back to me the very next day.

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG