recommendation ?

Greetings

I have decided to buy a truck to pull a small trailer (~2500lbs) What would you recommend ? Tacoma or Tundra.

4L V6 or 4.7L V8 ? I can afford only used one.

TIA

Reply to
xandy

US EPA estimates for the Tacoma are 16 city, 19 hwy and the Tundra are

14/15 city and 18 hwy. Actually not that different relative to size and power. From this forum--
Moreat this forum--
another--
I have a 3.4 V-6, auto tranny, extra cab '99 Taco that I bought used. (3rd owner) The second owner towed his boat a lot with it. The tow capacity is 3,500 lbs. You didn't say if you were stating gross weight or empty weight.
Reply to
Anyolmouse

xandy found these unused words:

My 2002 V6 Tacoma struggles [even with the 'power' shifting engaged] with a

2200# trailer in the mountains of western US. I-5, US 95 and 395, etc.

Perhaps [haven't looked if available] a V-8 for that would be enough difference, otherwise, the V-8 Tundra.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

believe it or not, one of those electronic tuner units does help a lot. i forget their exact name, but you can mount the controls on the a pillar and tune it for towing with a button push. the mileage goes down a bit, but the hills flatten a lot. doesn't put a lot of strain on the motor. i have one on a diesel, but my gas-toyota friends like them a lot, too. a good one is a few hunnert bucks and worth it.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) found these unused words:

Exactly how do you 'tune' a computer's signals?

More UL BS, IYAM!

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

eproms. the units i'm talking about replace the engines eprom which has the settings for the tuning. the replacements have many more parameters set and can be altered while in motion. so instead of a "general" tuning to make the motor run adequately for all conditions, you have a versatile unit that can change for hills, interstate, towing, power, mileage or whatever. back in the early pc days, we played with eprom burners to alter the basic early xx86 architecture to do a lot of strange things from make a 10 meg mfm drive format to 12-13 megs to have an opening screen with obscene messages. have an evil bosses pc start with a HI ASSHOLE! message may have been petty, but it sure was fun.

Reply to
someone

Thank you ALL & Everyone for comments.

Reply to