remote starter?

I have a car.....it is not a Toyota......but after a few years of ownership I decided to have a remote starter installed. It gets very cold here in the upper midwest. The remote starter works great. A friend of mine, who owns a Toyota.....Tundra I believe, every once in awhile sees me remote start my car and he says his truck can`t have a remote starter installed in his truck. He says this because his truck has door locks that open when the truck starts. I keep telling him that the companies that make remote starters have ways to disable the lock thing. He insists that this is not so. Who is full of bull? I believe he is. BTW my car doesn`t have power door locks. TIA for any info. Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

and he can lock AND unlock his truck when it is running on the MASSTART2001 remote start / keyless entry system from

Im Right

I just had a remote starter installed on my 2000 4Runner. The installer told me that I would need a more advanced model because of the alarm system, which of course means more $$$. The system needed to have a "module" added which could communicate with the alarm system. The 4Runner also has power locks, and we have no problem with the locks. We can unlock the vehicle with the remote or lock it again while it is running on the remote system. Just make sure he provides all of the specs for his vehicle when shopping!

Rick

Reply to
RW

Your friend is full of bull.