Removal of Anti-Lock brake sensor in rear differential on 1991 Toyota 4x4 pickup

My rear differential is leaking around the anti-lock brake sensor on my 1991 Toyota 4x4 pickup. I removed the one bolt that secures the sensor into the top of the differential and the sensor turns freely but will not pull out. I tried gently prying and it still won't come out. I'm assuming there is an o-ring seal on the sensor but I'd like to know if there is a trick to its removal. I can't find any documentation on the sensor in the factory manual or my Hanes manual. Toyota doesn't stock the sensor for me to take a look at it to see if it has an alignment tab or something else that could be preventing it from coming out. They also do not show a separate part number for a seal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Handyman

I guess you have probably got it out by now, but on my 4runner the senors plastic casing had swollen by heating so it was difficult to pull it out. I went and bought a new one so I new what I was dealing with. My main concern was not dropping crap inside the diff. JC

Reply to
Archon