Removing plastic interior piece on left side windshield post?

In a 1984 Toyota Pickup, I'm trying to run some wire under the roof headliner and down the drivers windshield post (right next to the door) to the underdash area. There is a vertical (not quite vertical since the windshield isn't vertical) plastic strip, about

1.5-2 inches wide(and about 1 1/2 feet long) that needs to come off...I can pull the upper corner just a little and there is what looks like some kind of snap holding the strip in place. I don't want to break it or mess up the headliner so I'd like to know exactly how it comes off. Does anyone know about this?

John

Reply to
jbclem

I just replaced a headliner on a 86. These pieces just pull off. Don't yank it, but it should come off without any problem.

Cappy

Reply to
Cappy

What Cappy said. Or, if you're still nervous about pulling it off, how about running a snake up from below, taping your wire to it, and then pulling your wire down? Standard 14 gauge house wire makes a great snake. Stiff enough so it won't collapse as it's pushed toward obstructions, flexible enough to bend into shapes and go around curves.

Reply to
Doug Kanter