Replacing headlight switch in a 1990 4Runner

Hello,

Just looking for some pointers before I do this job. I'm about 99% certain that the switch is bad. I've got no low-beams, but do have high beams without the dashboard indicator. That is supposedly due to it being wired through the low-beam lamps. At least that's what I've learned so far by searching. In any event, not a big deal. I should mention that I also have plow lights and they are showing the same symptoms.

By the way, the dealer wants $87 for the part and has to order it. Does anyone here know of any better prices and or reliable places to buy one? It being an electrical part, it is non-returnable.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Get a auto sparky to fix it. Ive repair mine before no worries. Basic construction and easy fix. You should change the set up to relays once done as it will improve your light output and save the switch from full current. (If its the same as the AU models)

Reply to
Scotty