reprogram 01 tacoma remote entry and alarm?

just bought 01 tacoma double cab must have been reposessed as it did not come with remote clicker. I bought one but need to program for the truck... dealer says only they can do it, I don't mind paying but they want to keep it half a day and you need appt. etc. but I figure it can't be that hard... any one know the method?

thanks in advance george

Reply to
george winsted

Try

or do a google search - ya might come up with a better one. I bought 2 extra off ebay (folks forget to turn them in and choose to resell them on ebay --- like the collectible owners manual!). They were for an 03 Cary --- skeptical about Rube Goldberg procedure but they both work fine.

Reply to
Wolfgang