Resetting the service reminder?

I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Tacoma and like to change my own oil. As I understand it, when the oil needs to be changed a servivce reminder light is displayed on the dash. If I change the oil, how do I reset the light?

Reply to
Bob L

Well its really not when it NEEDS to be changed --- its at a 5k miles interval. Yup easy to reset by using the odo reset button when you start vehicle and its covered in the owners manual.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob L

MANUAL!

Reply to
Bonehenge

My signature got in between "the" and "owner's manual."

Reply to
bearman

And I just thought you were leading the congregation...

Reply to
Bonehenge