Riddle Me This! (Brakes)

This is the 3rd time I posted this and none has appeared. So if this appears multiple times, I apologize in advance. I have bad newserver..haha

I have an 83 Toyota 4 speed 22r truck/camper. Approximately 3000 miles ago had brakes put in. Drove cross country and they were wonderful. Last few months city driving (errands) and a couple camping trips, everything great.

Last week or so. When I go out to drive it, I get to the stop sign at the corner (about 50 yards away) and step on the brake and hear squeeking. After that 50 yard run, everything is fine, all day it never squeeks again even if I let it sit and drive it hours later, it's fine! And the brakes work fine.

I want to take it in to the shop but I don't know nothing about cars so I want some advice as to what maybe is wrong so I can tell them the possibilities. I've had wonderful advice before from this group and I thank you'all for that :)

Reply to
LOU

might just be brake dust buildup. spray the brakes down when cool with a garden hose, see if the noise goes away for awhile.

Reply to
SoCalMike