rough idle/engine light 1995 4Runner 3.0 EFI

One day the truck was fine, the next day engine light came on and engine light illuminated. Engine light shows 2 blinks pause 6 blinks (error code

26) which indicates air/fuel mixture problem. I checked the air filter, vacuum lines engine ground strap and added BG44K fuel injector cleaner. I do not know how to check the O2 sensor or the ECM. Engine has 98K miles. I cleared the error by removing EFI fuse. Light came back after a few miles. Engine still rough at idle and acceleration. Exhaust smells rich.
Reply to
ag2

Check youe PCV valve, they can also cause overheating when they fail.

Reply to
James Pizzey