Safe towing capacity for 97 4Runner

looking at buying an rv trailer. anyone have experience w/ max size trailer that can be safely handled.

Reply to
Bas

The owner's manual says with the factory class III hitch and auto trans cooler it will pull 5000#. I'd want that to be on flat ground since the engine is not all that powerful. I'd look at the ultra light trailers in

17-25' range (they have aluminium chassis and frames) and come in at 3000-3500 lbs.
Reply to
Wolfgang