Scion '05 tC ride

We test drove the coup. We loved everything. Even has a knee impact air bag. Features are great except the ride like a donkeyback riding; very stiff. I never lower front end on any Toyotas. The one we test drove was lower 2 inch according to the sales.The rim is 17 inch. tire is 205x45z. But, Previa's rim is 15" and 205x55H tire and is confortable. The tC suspension syst. are "Independent MacPherson Strut Front Suspension and Independent Double-Wishbone Rear Suspension "

'05 tC is so popular that requires 2 months waiting and NO bargain. I never owned a coup or sporty car.Why is so much different in terms of ride?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

You are comparing a sports car/coupe to a minivan, that in itself should explain it.... The suspension in the minivan is going to be much softer than a sports car for a nice comfy ride for the family. You need stiffer suspension for a sports car so you have better control.. less body roll taking turns etc. The low profile tires have less sidewall and don't absorb bumps like higher profile tires. Also, the low profile tires have to kept at a higher psi, which adds to their stiffness. Put the two together and thats the differnce you feel. If you have to order the tC, get the optional supercharger. I hear they really scoot along quite well...

Reply to
dave

You drove a demo car with lowered suspension and low-profile tires. It's likely that a stock vehicle would ride considerably better than the demo you drove.

Reply to
<Gmlyle

Right, I compare sporty car with minivan. Well, I used to ride in my friend's Supra. The ride was quiet and comfy. Toyota makes 3 bulletproof cars, Supra(I'm not sure 4 or 6 cyls or both), Previa and '80 - '95 pickup (4 cyls) which are extremely reliable. Funny thing is all these 3 are discontinued in the US.

Anyway,I think that Toyota products that are sold in mutiple markets tend to hold up a lot better than the ones the are designed for one market. I heard that they might bring the Supra back in the form of the hybrid Volta concept. It is discussed in many places, but:

has a lot ofpics. But my wild guess is that since they are killing the Celica andMR2 because they want younger buyers to focus on the Scion brand, Toyota will do a Supra replacement with the Scion badge on. I hope Toyota does that since the price will be much lower. One dealer guy told me that Supra will come back in two years under Lxus name and be priced around $100,000, that's too much. But, I still don't get it. For Supra, the ride is excellent and very comfy; but for Scion cT '05 or other Scions, the ride is stiff.

My another guess is the differences are the spring rates, strut types, strength of anti roll bars, sway bars, torsion beams etc. And, there are other factors will affect too.

Reply to
Matt