Scratches out of plastic??

Has anyone found a good way to remove (or at least minimize) scratches in their soft plastic interior trim pieces?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Swensen

I glue shag carpeting to them. Supa'fly!

No, not really...

Soft plastic interior parts are pretty much impossible to fix, because of the softness and molded texture. Plastics that soft don't sand or rub out well, either.

I've always wondered why an aftermarket hasn't come out with some sort of peel-and-stick fabric or light carpet to custom cover plastic parts. Such a material could protect high traffic areas, like the lower-inner cowl and lower door areas that always seem to get kicked. A good quality product could jazz the plastic up in more visible areas, as well.

Lots of manufacturers used to carpet those areas at the factory.

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl