seat belt code

Is it possible to remove a seat belt code (blinking air bag light) after replacing a seat belt on a Tacoma 2000 4X4, without the code reader?

Thanks

Reply to
chasseur

No.

I'm not sure if the OBD II Code Reader can reset that system or not. But I'm certain that it takes diagnostic equipment of some sort to reset it.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The SRS system (air bags) are not consumer-repairable.

We all know that any idiot can turn the screws, but the technician apparently is the only one that can figure out which screws to turn. Since you and I are not able to repair the airbag system, then if an airbag fault is set, it takes a technician to check the system and reset the circuit.

My guess is that you started the car (truck) at some point during the belt replacement procedure. This set a fault related to the missing component. The assumption is that if a component is missing, ti MUST have failed, and this requires the technician. I am not certain what diagnostic equipment might be required, but you ought to be able to explain that while the belt was removed, you had to start the truck to move it, and this set the fault. If this is the actual fault that is reported, there ought not be any troubleshooting required.

I have access to a diagnostic tool that can reset the code on my BMW. The code I get is caused by a dirty switch, and it will return after a few days. I have to disassemble the switch mechanism and perhaps replace the switch. In any case, it takes special diagnostics on my car (OBD I, by the way -- yours is OBD II) to reset the SRS system.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. That clears the codes on my T100.

Reply to
ned

Thank you all. I will try disconnecting the battery.

Chasseur

"ned" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o40g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
chasseur

Let us know if that works. I'm about 99% positive that it will not.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland