Sequoia driver's door interior handle replacement?

Can anybody tell me if I have to pull the interior door skin in order to replace the interior door handle? I have the bezel removed and can get the handle bracket loose from the door but there does not seem to be enough slack in the cables to pull the bracket out far enough to change it without pulling the entire door skin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Handyman

if it's the typical toyota door clip mess, better get a good diagram and directions.

Reply to
someone

I had the same problem on my Land Cruiser. I was replacing the drivers side mirror. I manage to install the remove and reinstall the new mirror, but still could not get the door panel off.

Reply to
Rastamon

If you want to do it yourself, find a repair manual or locksmith car guide like Autosmart that will tell you where the clips and studs are that hold the door panel and the tool(s) you'll need to remove them.

If you decide you don't want to do it, any locksmith who deals with cars should be able to remove the inner door panel a lot cheaper than the dealer or a mechanic.

Skip

Reply to
Skipfromla