Serpentine Belt - New Tundra

Just curious. I was looking under the hood of my '04 Tundra (V8 - 4x2, Access cab) that I picked up yesterday, and I can push the serpentine belt around a good inch and a half. I've never seen a belt so loose, but, then again, this could be "new technology" that I don't necessarily understand. The belt tensioner is moving up and down, so I just wonder if this is normal. The truck runs flawlessly (unbelieveably quiet), and the belt is not making any noise.

Thanks for any advice...

Reply to
Mark Thorne