shift lock question

When I touch the brake the shift lovk mechanism no longer works, I have to press the shift unlcok button. ANy ideas on this issue?

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

Never,mind I found a blown fuse? No reason for the fuse blowing that I am aware of. AGE maybe? Nothing else was going on, it worked fine from one destination to the next then nothing. No messin with the radio or cig lighter and the fan motor was off.

Searcher1`

Reply to
Searcher1

Adjustment?

However, the brake pedal switch only enables the shift lock button to work. I don't think you have a problem just bacause you need to depress the brake pedal before the button works.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I found the problem, The brake pedal triggers a selenoid that disengages the shift lock. It is on the same circuit as the brake lights, last week I removed the hitch and the trailer connector (by cutting the plug off) I though it was cut clean and I tucked it up. What I neglected to do was to tape off the end. This trailer connector wire became free and was grouding out on the exhaust bracket. Tapes it up replaced another fuse and I am good to go.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1