shock absorber questions

I need to buy new shock absorbers for my 88 4runner, it has about 2" of lift. I went to the local auto parts store, and they have Monroe sensa trac shocks for $40 each, but they are not sure if you need to buy a special size due to the 2" lift, or if the standard ones will work?

Can anybody recommend the best place to buy shocks? I want to get the ones that give a comfortable ride, not for off-road performance. I currently have rancho 5000's, but they finally gave out.

thanks, paul

Reply to
Krystonia5

Measure the shocks you have on there now and see specifically if they limit up or down travel,

look up the Rancho p/n and see what the dimensions are:
pick the new shocks based on those measurements, i.e. get something a littlelonger if needed. The Ranchos usually have alifetime warrantee, so if you have your original receipt, you can take them to aRancho retailer and see about and exhange. Most good shock retailers should be able to cross reference the Rancho p/n foranother model shock.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown