Shocks and mufflers

I am looking for a little advice on the above subjects. My '93 Xtra cab has about 131,000 miles and its about time for some new shocks and a new muffler. I would like to know if there is better shocks than mfg's for general all around driving. I live in the country and we have paved and gravel roads. You can't tell the difference sometimes. I don't do off-roading but, am looking for something to give me a comfortable ride without losing good steering response. Also, anyone have any experience with stainless steel mufflers? They worth the money? As you can see, my factory muffler has gone the distance. As always, any advice, comments and wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Reply to
Ben

yep, Monroe SensaTrac is a very good replacement for what you want. as for muffler, stainless mufflers are usually for looks. your best bet is a Walker muffler which carries a warranty.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

I'm _really_ happy with the OEM Bilsteins on my Tundra. Sweet ride and nice control. Probably expensive, but aren't you worth it?

Tom S

Reply to
Tom S