Should the Tundra's A/C be better than adequate?

Just wondering. My '06 blows cold, but not like some A/C's I've experienced. My buddy's Wrangler A/C is so cold he has to add some heat in there. I would rate the Tundra A/C as adequate based on my truck... should it be better than adequate?

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Some earlier Tundras had the heater control valve misadjusted so it didn't quite shut off fully. You might check yours.

What's wrong with adequate?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

It's just so.... so... "adequate", you know? :-)

It's got 2.5 years of warranty left on it, and if others report that it should just be frigid as a witches tit, then I know I need to take it in. Otherwise I'll certainly not worry about it.\

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

I have an 05 Tundra and the AC is just barely adequate here in El Paso. I'm guessing that's factory standard.

Reply to
JC Der Koenig

I have an 04 Tundra DC and have noticed that when I'm at a stop or in very slow traffic or at the drive through window at the local burger stand that the A/C doesn't blow as cold as I would like. After I get to any speed over a crawl the truck cools down pretty quick. Overall my A/C works fine. Maybe you should take yours back to the dealer and have him check it out.

In Phoenix,

Bob

Reply to
Bob Bitchen

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:29:13 -0700, Jeff Olsen spat out the following (in article ):

Have an '06 Taco and my AC is in the "adequate" category. I turn the control so that it blows full force thru the dash and it's fine, but on any other setting it doesn't get very cool. Of course I live in Tucson, where it's been over 100F virtually every day for over 2 months, and I could probably cook beef to government safety standards on the roof of my cab. If I were back on the California coast the AC would be more than enough.

Desert Guy

Reply to
Desert Guy

My 2000 Tundra freezes me out even on a Carolina summer day. After a long drive on the freeway I have to give it about 3-4 clicks on the temperature control or risk getting frozen to death.

Reply to
Bubba

My 2002 Sequoia (bought used a couple of months ago) barely qualifies as adequate. I get about 45-50 degrees F of cooling across the coils, which supposedly is "normal", but if temperatures are over 90F, even if the airstream is blowing right at me (including the "private parts" cooler below the steering column), it really doesn't feel any better than a fan.. Really sucks compared to my ol' '96 Taco.

Reply to
Andy Hill

I just had to throw my 2 cents in here, too....

My '04 Tundra mimics Bubba's....here in Maryland, even on hot, humid days, I gotta turn the thing off every now and then or I'll get frostbite on my hands ! When I turn it back on, I get that "curious" condensation fog blowing out of the vents ...

An interesting thread....seems like the responses are all over the place ! Not sure that it's much help for Desert Guy !

Dean...

Bubba wrote:

Reply to
D Larsen

I have a 2006 Tundra and the AC starts slowly, but will freeze you out if you don't turn up the temp control - even when driving through Phoenix where the outside temp was 102.

Reply to
jim

Ditto in Florida during the summer.

Reply to