Should this carb port be plugged?

I had the entire air filter case off today and I noticed this brass port with nothing attached to it. Two similar ports near it apparently are unused and are plugged. All the other ports have hoses connected. And there are no hoses unplugged. Here is a link to a picture of the carb. It was taken from the passenger side of the truck, a 1987 Toyota PU, 2-wheel drive, R-22 engine.

Den.

What happens when you plug it and unplug it when the engine is running? If it is causing a vacuum leak unplugged you should notice a difference.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

It seems to run the same plugged or unplugged. I was hoping someone would help by looking at their carb and compare it to my photo.

Reply to
Den.

running?

difference.

If it runs the same then you don't have to worry about it.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Reply to
Jeff

The under-hood emissions sticker is illegible.

Reply to
Den.