slight shudder 07 tacoma

My 2007 tacoma double cab prerunner with 4.0 and automatic transmission has develoved a slight drive train shudder or vibration, I'm thinking in the torque convertor or transmission, when first slowly accelerating with a completely cold engine. Only happens when I first accelerate in the morning, only in first gear and only for a second or two. Don't know if a hard acceleration would do it, I don't do that with a cold engine. As soon as the engine is warm, it never happens again. the shudder is mild but alarming. It just started recently, and the truck has 7K miles.

I'll probably take it to the dealer, but will have to leave it overnight, if I drive it there it won't do it.

Anyone experienced this?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

We all have at one time or another. It sucks to have a problem, but the car seems to know when it is in the service bay and all problems magically disappear -- if only for an hour, repeatedly.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I'm in the same boat. Got it the first time I turned the car on after buying. Still only 600 miles on the car. The dealer has seen and heard the problem, but cannot fix it.

Reply to
Dan