Slipping Clutch

The clutch is starting to slip in my '85 SR5 Extra Cab. I know that I'm going to need a new clutch disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing but what else could I possibly need. I'll be taking out the flywheel and having it resurfaced with a check pattern so will I need any extra gaskets or seals for the rear end of the crank? Although I've done several clutch jobs in the past they have all been on Chevys and Fords etc.. Is doing a toyota 5 Speed going to be different than working on an American car? Any tips or trick I should know before starting such a project? Any helpful info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jerry

PS If you'd prefer to answer this via e:mail just take one of the zeroes out of my return address. jj

Reply to
Jerry

You might want to replace the pilot bearing --- or at least clean and regrease the old one. I've never had to have a yota flywheel resurfaced --- just rought it up with some emery paper. Wouldn't a pattern give you less friction surface than a smooth flywheel? Would be a good time to drain and refill the trans with synthetic fluid. Use the following link has good instructions --- make sure you hav 3-4' of extendtion bars for your ratchet.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Cregster