sounds like fan belt squealing or waterpump

Okay, here it is, start the 92 pick_up, squealing sound, squealing goes away when I hit 30km, when turning corners at low speed squealing comes back, starting from stop squeals again until 30km is hit. Definately getting worse. Tension on all belts is good. When squealing I can depress clutch, give er a rev and it goes away. Anyone have a similar problem or know what is it. Al

Reply to
neophyte

OK, say the truck is idling. Do you get the squeal? If you turn the steering wheel w/o the truck moving, does the squeal change?

Reply to
Paul Cassel

Reply to
neophyte

Yep, you can fit the belts over and around the fan blades. A little easier if you pull the fan shroud off, but it can be left in place.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown