Spark Plug change - 2003 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L

hey,

can anybody give me a few pointers about changing the plugs on my 2003 Tacoma 2WD 2.4L?

There is some kind of ducting above the number 2 and 3 plug areas and I can't see how to easily or carefully remove it to get to the plugs?

thanks for any help in advance.

Steve

Reply to
exartizo

I figured it out thanks.

For anyone else who wants to change the spark plugs in their 2003 Toyota Tacoma, here's what I finally thought through, and one disclaimer:

Remove the box thingy to the left of the engine head first. There are two (fairly) easy to remove (12 mm) metal fasteners UNDERNEATH the box thingy assembly. Turn them clokwise to unscrew them. (I looked for these screws for at least a half hour). You will require a boxhead or other type of similar tool to remove them.

Unscrew with a phillips head screwdriver the RIGHT most clamp (there are probably three total on the whole assembly) going over the top of the engine head and blocking your access to the spark plugs cylinders.

Now you should be able to simply lift the whole assembly up easily enough to access the spark plug areas and change the plugs.

I looked and couldn't find ANY information on how to do this on the internet. I hope this helps you and that it saves you a lot of time trying to figure out how to change your spark plugs.

Disclaimer: Be careful. If you have never changed spark plugs on your vehicle, there is A LOT MORE TO IT than meets the eye. Research it carefully first. Work on your car or truck at your own risk. Personally, I hate to pay someone else for something I can think through and do or fix myself.

Cheers

Reply to
exartizo