Spark Plug Wires

I have a 99 Tacoma 2.4 liter. The plug wires are recessed very much to accommodate the plugs. Is there some secret to get the wires to fit proper on the plug. I had to tap the wire with a small mallet to make sure it fit on the plug correctly. Is this normal ?

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

yeah, they kind of 'snap' on there, especially if they haven't been off in a while. Shouldn't be a worry.

Reply to
Qslim

Thanks for the info. I've changed a few plugs in my day, but never had any like the Toyota Tacoma. "Keep on Trucking"

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN