Splitting brake calipers

Toyota Hilux - 1993. Why the brake calipers shouldn't be splitted? I've already splitted mine - what to do now? It seems to me that they can be reassembled, with use of Loctite?! Unfortunately, I've come in those warning messages just after my disassembly... Also, can I discard the slotted plates that are laying behind the brake pads? Davide

Reply to
Daisy

The slotted plates are anit-squeal plates. Disgard them and you'll get squealling when hitting the brakes. They need to go on the new pads with a little anti-squeal (orange) compound. Don't know what to tell ya on the calipers - never went to effort to take them apart. If there is a rubber seal between the two - I'd for sure replace it.

Reply to
Wolfgang