squeaky window

I have power windows on my 96 runner, and when ever I open the driver side window it squeaks something awefull, its not a mechanical metal on metal squeal, but is sounds like the glass itself squeaking against the weather seal or something, anyone else with the same prob? any fixes? Thanks

Dave

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

My rear window on my 96 4Runner is squeaky (the only power one I've got) and it's about time I lubricated the guides on all the windows anyway. The silicone spray used for that might also extend the life of the weather stripping and quiet the squeaks. Never messed with it so I don't know for sure. All my window seals are falling apart aside from the tailgate's window, so I'm not really looking to restore them, just to replace them.

*sigh*
Reply to
Pookerz

You might try running the window all the way down, then gently prying on the weatherstrip enough to lift it to where you can clean it. This has worked for me in the past.

Reply to
max-income

Reply to
Big Shoe