Starts when cold...dies when hot

Same truck as the timing chain/igniter issue. Now the timing chain is replaced, I bought the new igniter and I have spark. I start the truck up and it seems to run great, a little noisy, but not much more than usual, and no tapping thankfully enough. Changed the alternator because that was bad and now I can actually turn the engine over more than once too! Here's the problem though, the engine starts up great when cold and the choke plate is closed. Runs fine, fast idles and everything, blip the throttle and fast idle disengages, idles along just great, the truck warms up and the choke plate opens...and it dies. Just shuts off. Then nothing. I can turn it over to my heart's content or the battery dies, whichever comes first (the latter is starting to come first) but it won't start until I let it cool down completely, then it starts up just fine....rinse and repeat..... Any ideas? I don't understand how it could be a vacuum leak or anything like that because I didn't do anything to the carb. I left it bolted onto the intake and just set the whole thing on the side of the engine compartment when I did the timing chain. I checked the AAP diaphragm because the hose looked wet, a bunch of gas drained out from it but I checked it over and over and there weren't any holes in it. Pretty lost on this one, help?

Spencer f-o-w-i-e-at-h-o-t-m-a-i-l.com

Reply to
Spencer Fowers