Strange smell from the rear of my tacoma 03

I've notice that after 13k miles a really strong burning smell comes from underneath the truck.. most noticable around the rear of the truck around the tirewall...

I'm guessing the smell is somewhere frm the catalytic converter/exhaust pipes/drums...

It's a strange burning smell that has been noticed on lexus IS, forerunners, and I even noticed it on the Solara.

Many people have reported it... and I'm not sure why it suddenly started to smell like this. It happened after a long drive up and down the mountains for a snowboarding trip and ever since then, it always smells after a 15 minute drive. The harder and faster I drive, the more noticable the smell is.

Any suggesstions what this might be? Thanks

Reply to
lamer_the_bad

Change your diet?

Reply to
Dan G

Feel around carefully and see if you can find anything that is unusually hot. It may be a rear brake that it dragging (drum would feel hot), or maybe the spare tire has shifted too close to the tail pipe, etc.

Reply to
Roger Brown