Strange TOY since check engine

I know this is going to sound strange, but I asked recently about my check engine light being on and how to correct it. Well, my gas mileage has gone UP. According to my calculations I am now getting 19.2 MPG whereas I used to only get 15-17 MPG. Could it be true? I got 314 miles on my last tank of gas, divide that by the 16.25 gallons. I'm confused!?! But yet I am NOT complaining, if the light is on and somethings broke well then I like it broke! It can stay broke for all I care if this MPG keeps up.

So, any idea as to what has happened?

Searcher PS V6 3VZE engine

Reply to
Shopdog

Lean burn? ?

Reply to
Jarhead

lean burn = holes in pistons and burnt valves = $$$$ to repair!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Engine purrrs like a kitten, no smoke, no odors.No loss of power, Nothing else amiss. Engine only has 90000 miles on it. I believe the engine light on is the O2 sensor, going to verify that this week.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog