sudden engine pinging

All of a sudden after two days, my engine has started to ping to the point I can't even touch the gas pedal with out the engine pinging, while on the road. I have an 86 pickup with a 22R engine.

Someone said my PCV valve is a little clogged and needs to be replaced. Could this make the engine ping as bad as it does?

Reply to
Die Spammer !!!

Does your engine have an anti-knock sensor? If so, maybe it failed. I haven't heard of a PCV valve causing pinging. Did you buy gas recently? Could your timing have moved? Try putting in a bottle of Chevron Techtron in your gas. It won't hurt anything, maybe it will improve it.

RG

Reply to
RG

Another thought, does your engine have a timing belt? Maybe its stretched or jumped a tooth if its old. How may miles on the engine?

Reply to
RG
22R is definately a timing chain.
Reply to
Wolfgang

May have slipped a tooth.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

I did just buy gas about the time my pinging started from Safeway.They are a big company. Cant imagin bad gas from them, but guess it's possible. I will have to try and test my gas some how. I dont know if I have an anti-knock sensor.

The timing chain is a little over a year old. Nothing abnormal I can think of as for as engine for engine operation. Is Chevron Techron octane boot? I can pick up some octane boost and try that. My distributor is tight.

Reply to
Die Spammer !!!

Reply to
Die Spammer !!!