T-100 Transmission cooler

Hy gang, I am considering installing a transmission cooler on my 97 T-100. (Well, not really considering, I already made up my mind to do it.) I am towing a relatively light trailer, 1,500 lbs., but would like to get the longest life out of the tranny. Does anyone have any advice on the best brand/model to fit the big T, as well as pitfalls to avoid? I discussed this with my local 4x4 shop, (I am still waiting on their recommendation) and found out that the cooler kits were pretty reasonable $50+ range for a

20,000 gvw, but they wanted $180 to install and I would think that I could do it my self, if I got an installion kit that was made to fit vehicle. Any advice (relating to this query :-) appreciated.

David Ballard

Reply to
david ballard