t100 auto trans filter change: anyone done it?

Hello all,

I just bought a used 1995 T100 4wd with automatic transmission. I've decided to change automatic transmission fluid and filter. Has anyone out there done this?

There's a stabilizer bar in the way of removing the transmission pan. I thought perhaps there might be enough room to slip the pan out once I got it loose, but now that it's loose I'm finding the stabilizer bar is definitely in the way.

Anybody know if it's possible get the pan off without removing the stabilizer bar? I'm not relishing dealing with rusty bolts on the stabilizer bar, but if that's what I've got to do I guess I'll do it. Just hoping someone out there knows something I don't....

Thanks for any help you can provide.

regards, Aaron G.

Reply to
SoT

I too have a 1995 T100 but it's 2WD/V6/Auto. The dealer parts dept told me that there is no filter as such, just a screen inside the transmission. I do regular trans flushes myself, probably ever 30,000 or so. Look up transmission flush in this NG to find my post telling how I do it..

Good luck with yout T100. Mines far and away the best truck I ever had. It has 348,000 on it and still going strong.

Reply to
Lhead

Thanks for the tip. I looked up your procedure; I'll be trying that next time. Unfortunately since I removed the fluid pan I'm commited to getting the pan all the way off to clean the sealing surfaces and replace the gasket. So I've been working on getting off the stabilizer bar.

On the bright side I've gotten a 'refresher course' on removing rusty bolts.

Great to hear your T100 is holding up so well. I look forward to mine doing the same....

Aaron G.

Reply to
SoT

Afraid I can't help your problem, but I can say I've a 96, a 4wd x-cab v6 auto, currently has 422k miles, still going strong. I've never had the transmission (or engine) open. Bill W

Reply to
Bill Wolcott