Tacoma 1996 - replacing starter

Hey all. I'm new here. I'm replacing my starter and need some help. I was able to get to the mounting bolts and have removed the old one, but getting it out of the engine bay is another story. What mounts, lines, etc. can I easily remove that will allow me to get the starter out and the new one in?

Reply to
swimbikerun

Is your starter just "clicking" and won't turn the engine over? If so, you could probably just change out the motor contacts(inexpensive and easy to change) It the 2.7 four cylinder? If so this link may help.

If it is the V6.

bbtaco

If it is a 2.7 liter i can be done with out removing anything i had to turn my starter over and twist it try to get it past the steering shaft i took a little while i've done it twice.

Reply to
espalding1

Reply to
BEN RYER